The NEGST programmes prepare students for pastoral, teaching carriers in theological institutions, NGOs, and other Para-Church institutions in Africa and abroad.
Biblical Studies Department
- Doctor of Philosophy: The Department’s doctoral programme trains researchers at the highest academic level so they can make a valuable contribution to Bible scholarship in Africa and the world. The component seminars and dissertation are designed to enable students to:
- Broaden and deepen their knowledge of the field of biblical studies;
- Integrate their learning with incisive critical reflection;
- Develop their skills as interpreters of the Bible in the original languages
- Become competent, productive scholars who can serve the Church and academy in senior teaching vocations, in research and writing, and as consultants in their area of specialization.
- Master of Divinity (Biblical Studies Emphasis): The Master of Divinity (MDiv) programme is designed to provide both academic and professional training for those called to pastor urban churches, teach in Africa’s theological institutions, or serve in a variety of church or parachurch ministries. Because ministers of the Gospel are to devote themselves to the Word and to prayer (Acts 6:4), the MDiv-BS is an excellent preparation for a lifetime of preaching and teaching. The Department urges those hoping eventually to pursue a PhD in Biblical Studies to enroll in the MDiv-BS, a three-year degree, and concentrate on the languages..
- Master of Arts in Biblical Studies: The Department’s Master of Arts (MABS) is a two-year programme designed to give students a graduate-level grasp of the Bible, Theology (both Biblical Theology and Systematics), and Church History, plus tools for further research in the field (Hermeneutics, Graduate Research & Writing, etc.).
- Post-Graduate Diploma in Theology (PGD)
- Bachelor of Theology (BTh) programmes.
- PhD Intercultural Studies (in Missions, World Christianity, Islamics)
- Masters of Arts in Missions Studies
- Masters of Arts in Missions Studies: Islamic Emphasis
- Masters of Divinity in Missions Studies
- Doctor of Philosophy (Theology)
- Master of Arts (Theology)
- Master of Divinity (Theology)
- Bachelor of Theology
- Diploma in Theology
Flexible delivery modes of our program
- The PhD run for 2 Weeks each Semester at the Karen Campus
- DMin programs are modular programs: That is it has two residencies in the academic year at the Karen Campus.
- The Undergraduate and Masters are offered on Full-time basis at the Karen Campus and Part time - Evening classes in Karen Campus