Sports and Recreation
Sport embraces all ages, all economic brackets and both sexes. Sport is a force for unity and a builder of our university pride. Sport is a key to our future as it enhances the health of any society (better fitness, self-esteem, confidence achievement in school), providing them with positive alternatives in their daily lives.
Benefits of sport:
- Sport and physical activity are important components of healthy living: Longer life, higher resistance to diseases, and improved physical functioning
- Sport also acts as “preventive medicine” and reduces health care costs. Sport contributes to healthy communities and development …
- As a major contributor to community social life, sport is an important part of our culture, traditions and identity
- Community sport is second only to the family in potential to transmit values to individuals
- Participation in sport and recreation develops self-esteem, self-discipline and responsibility among individuals; sport encourages a positive identity.
So far as a university, we have seen tremendous growth and expansion of sports including the gym facility donated by a well-wisher, donation of funds for equipping our football field by Christ is the Answer Ministries and so forth. It is with lots of gratitude that we appreciate such donors for being a part of improving the sports facility in our campus. It has made it easy for the students, through the Sports Coordinator, to express their views on better ways of developing sports.
This has greatly boosted the students’ participation in various games as they exercise their talents and abilities. The university can now take part in and facilitate many indoor and outdoor games. We have a well-equipped football team, volleyball team (both men and ladies),Table Tennis, chess, darts, badminton and drought players even as we trust God to introduce more sporting activities
I greatly acknowledge the students together with the administration for their great support to ensure Sports and entertainment in AIU goes to another level. Students’ participatory spirit in the inter-varsity competition and even internally, is very encouraging. Though there is great need for a fully equipped sports facility and infrastructure improvement, I ascertain that the students have greatly maximized the few resources the school has been able to provide.
Looking at the commitment the university, donors and the well-wishers have shown in the current days and the support, I can attest we are headed for greatness. I greatly appreciate the support I as the Sports and Entertainment Coordinator has received, and I still request for more support in whatsoever manner that will ensure a sporting society is developed within AIU. You can help enormously!!
Sports & Recreation Coordinator