University Senate Memo
Dear AIU students,
We trust that you are keeping well and observing the guidelines provided by the government in relation to the Covid-19 pandemic and reading the messages of hope from the AIU Vice chancellor.
The university Senate in its meeting held on 21st April 2020 resolved as follows:
- That we have come to the end of semester 2 2019/2020. All Continuous Assessment Tests (CATs) and project papers in lieu of final exams should be submitted to lecturers by Friday 24th April 2020.
- Postgraduate students are scheduled for exams from 11th May 2020 to 15th May 2020. These will be Open Book Exams and exam guidelines will be provided.
- Exams for undergraduate students have been postponed, tentatively to begin on 22nd June 2020 and end on 3rd July 2020. Meanwhile, the students and faculty should prepare accordingly, further guidelines will come from the Deans of Schools, the Registrar’s office and ODEL office.
- The 3rd (May) semester 2019/2020 for all students will be offered through the ODEL platform beginning 18th May 2020. Orientation for the new self-sponsored students and registration (unit booking) for all students will be from 11th to 15th May 2020. Find attached the revised academic calendar for semester 3 2019/2020.
- The timetable for courses on offer for the 3rd semester will be released soon. Please note that you are required to clear your semester 2 fees for exam clearance and enrollment for the 3rd semester.
- The graduation date has been postponed from 4th July 2020 to a later date to be communicated.
Please ensure that you have internet connectivity and are able to access our ODEL platform.
If you have not completed 2nd semester learning, kindly get in touch with the Registrar or the Admissions Office WhatsApp line +254777901985 and indicate your student number.
Let us stay in prayer for God’s intervention during this unprecedented season due to COVID-19 and trust for His provision to our various needs.