1. Senior Administration Officer – Vacancy Code SA24
This position will be reporting to the Head of Administration and Human Resources, and the main responsibilities include, providing the overall administration including transport management, general facilities and equipment maintenance, utility services, working with the government and other statutory authorities for services and compliance. The person will provide the overall administration of all facilities including student housing, offices, faculty and staff houses. This position provides an excellent opportunity to enrich the educational experiences by ensuring efficient and effective campus services.
1.Coordinating campus services and physical development of the Institution.
2. Working cooperatively with other departments to provide overall operational efficiency, planning and facilities management for the housing program. Administration of the housing contract and departmental policies.
3. Establish and ensure compliance of all policies and procedures for residence staff and other rented facilities of AIU.
4. Develop and monitor procedures or processes related to check-in, check out, room changes, key control, office allocation, maintenance/custodial complaints, vandalism concerns and inventory, etc.
5. Developing departmental goals/objectives in conjunction with both long and short-range plans for facilities improvements, organizational management and living-learning communities
6. Advice the Management Committee on all aspects of the Master Plan and Campus Development.
7. Ensure sufficiency of all utilities such as (water, electricity, telephone) in the University.
8.Liaise with utility institutions such as Kenya Power and Lighting, Nairobi City Council, Bore-hole companies, telephone companies and ensure continuity of operations and services.
9. Ensure a green campus by mowing lawns and maintaining the fences
10. Maintaining and updating inventory records of all University Fixed Assets, affixing asset numbers and sharing such information with the relevant offices/departments.
11. Arranging tenders in consultation with the procurement officer for the necessary materials and oversee the overall maintenance of University’s assets
12. Ensure that transport needs are met, plan for all university errands, ensure proper vehicle movement records, fuel consumption, assess and advise/guide
management on replacement of old motor vehicles.
13. Update insurance policies related to burglary, fires and overall university property.
14. Management of matters concerning Health and Safety, and waste management including compliance with all statutory requirements.
15. In charge of Maintenance Systems including: Preventative and predictive Maintenance of Physical infrastructure, Corrective/Reactive Maintenance of
16. Ensuring University’s safe and healthy environment including waste management in line with set local and international environmental standards
Requirements: Qualifications and experience
i. A Master’s Degree in a relevant field or other suitable qualification/compensating experience in the area of specialty. Bachelor’s degree in Property management is an added advantage.
ii. Proficient in IT operations including all Microsoft operating programs.
iii. Knowledge of accounting processes for purposes of costing and budgeting.
iv. Knowledge of governmental operation in various ministries and other departments such as lands and Roads etc
v. Minimum 3 years’ experience in a busy work environment.
2. Administrative Assistant - Vacancy Code: AA22
This position is responsible for the coordination of activities in the School of Business and Economics whilst ensuring high levels of services to both internal and external customers for exemplary customer satisfaction.
The suitable candidate must have at least a Diploma in business related studies with at least 3 years’ experience or a relevant Bachelor’s degree with at least 1 year experience in office procedures operations and customer service. Additional relevant academic/professional qualifications such as public relations and secretarial studies will be an added advantage. The candidate must have excellent administrative and interpersonal skills and must be able to multi-task. The preferred candidate should also possess excellent written and verbal communication; maintain confidentiality and maturity, have high levels of computer proficiency and have strong organizational capabilities. The person should be detail oriented and able to operate standard office equipment.
Academic and non-academic staff of AIU are required to be faithful to the evangelical faith and practice and to the Christian ethos and code of conduct of the University