Attention Masters and PhD Students/Candidates!
Kindly read the instructions below regarding IERB clearance. For you to get the certificate of ethical clearance, you need to have defended your proposal dissertation. The guidelines for proposal submission as well as other related forms are attached herewith for your reference.
Kindly take note of the following:
- The IERB office receives documents for review on Monday(s) of every week ONLY. Documents brought any other day will not be accepted.
- All proposals should have gone through the defense process and should be duly signed by the student(s) and supervisors before submission to the IERB office. IERB forms should also be signed appropriately by the Princpal Investigator/Researcher (student). Documents without signatures will not be accepted.
- The IERB forms including CV and receipt of payment should be attached as appendices and all proposals should be spiral bound. Please note that loose documents will not be accepted.
- The IERB Committee reviews the proposals within a minimum of two(2) weeks. The average turnaround time from date of receipt of the proposals in the IERB office to scheduling of the IERB review meeting and outcome of the review is estimated at a maximum of 30 days.
- Upon approval by IERB Committee, students/researchers receive a letter of approval from IERB and then (AIU students) proceed on to Graduate School for a letter of introduction before proceeding to obtain the NACOSTI data collection permit (https://oris.nacosti.go.ke/index.php).
- Should your proposal not be approved by the IERB committee for whatever reason, you will be notified within the shortest time possible after the review meeting with instructions on what should be done.
- Students should ensure that their documents are well formatted and proofread before submission.
Please take note of the breakdown below of the forms that should be filled before submission of proposals to the AIU-IERB for review.
|FORM||DESCRIPTION||WHO SHOULD FILL?|
|APPENDIX A||PROPOSAL SUBMISSION FORM CHEKLIST (Ensure you tick all the required fields)||ALL|
|APPENDIX D||INFORMED CONSENT FORM||ALL|
|APPENDIX E - iii||PARENTAL INFORMED CONSENT FORM||ONLY those collecting data from children 17 years, or younger.|
|APPENDIX E - iv||INFORMED ASSENT FORM||ONLY those collecting data from children 17 years, or younger.|
|APPENDIX F||PARTICIPANT DEBRIEF FORM||ALL|
|APPENDIX G||CONFIDENTIALITY FORM||ALL|
|OTHER IMPORTANT DOCUMENTS|
|PLAGARISM REPORT (20% at the maximum)||ALL|
COPIES OF RECEIPT OF PAYMENT FROM FINANCE DEPARTMENT (attached at the back of the hardcopy proposals)
External students, Ksh. 10,000
Expedited Review, Ksh. 20,000
All are encouraged to comply with these guidelines to enable us serve you better.